POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Cone of Ligh Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:06:59 EDT (-0400)
  Cone of Ligh (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Mitchell Waite
Subject: Re: Cone of Ligh
Date: 13 Jan 2002 23:13:13
Message: <3c425ad9$1@news.povray.org>
I have the texture set to transparent (e.g. the sold color pigment has Trans
set to 1) but I don't see how to make the cone itself transparent. If I kill
the reflection of the finish the cone disappears in the rendering. I will
make the light smaller as I had it larger.

"Dearmad" <dea### [at] applesnakenet> wrote in message
> now make that cone transparent, kill the reflection, and match
> it's exact shape with a spotlight so you get an actual raytraced
> light shining in the same spot as the cone..  make the light
> slightly smaller so you don't get artifacts on the cone surface.
>
> does this make sense?
> --
> Current obsession: "Ballet pour ma fille."
> http://www.applesnake.net

Post a reply to this message

Not 100% transperent, mrre like 95% or so... you need some of
your spotlight to get caught up in it. :o)