POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : IK and rotation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:02:51 EDT (-0400)
  IK and rotation (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: marc ferguson
Subject: IK and rotation
Date: 1 Jul 2001 08:37:37
Message: <3b3f1991@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way...in Moray to change the point an object
rotates around.  It was mostly for using IK.  I was modelling a simple
finger and I wanted the finger to rotate around the fingerthe knuckle and
other joints.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering if there is any way...in Moray to change the point an object
> rotates around.  It was mostly for using IK.  I was modelling a simple
> finger and I wanted the finger to rotate around the fingerthe knuckle and
> other joints.

Look in the help file under Local Coordinates.

Basically, you click the local coordinates tab, translate the object to
where you want the rotation point to be, then click it agan, and work
from there.

That probably didn't make too much sense, but the help file does.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

> Look in the help file under Local Coordinates.
>
> Basically, you click the local coordinates tab, translate the object to
> where you want the rotation point to be, then click it agan, and work
> from there.
>
> That probably didn't make too much sense, but the help file does.
>
> Bye for now,
>      Jamie.
That made plenty sense...I thought it would be something like that thanks
Marc