POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How to make camera orbit? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:47:55 EDT (-0400)
  How to make camera orbit? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: sshelby
Subject: How to make camera orbit?
Date: 29 Jun 2001 23:51:05
Message: <3b3d4ca9$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to make the camera orbit in a circle, while always looking at
0,0,0?
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: How to make camera orbit?
Date: 29 Jun 2001 23:56:29
Message: <3B3D4DBF.3EF58C48@pacbell.net>
sshelby wrote:

> Is there a way to make the camera orbit in a circle, while always looking at
> 0,0,0?
> Steve Shelby

Translate then rotate and keep the look_at at <0,0,0>.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 30 Jun 2001 04:21:42
Message: <gv2rjtojg1r9mhp3a7mgpo1ok4244l8589@4ax.com>
Hi sshelby, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Is there a way to make the camera orbit in a circle, while always looking at
> 0,0,0?
When modelling? Yes, simply set the lookat to 0,0,0 and the
right-click drag in the camera view. This orbits the camera around the
lookat point. If you move the mouse horizontally only, it will orbit
in a circle, otherwise it orbits on a sphere.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: sshelby
Date: 30 Jun 2001 09:25:20
Message: <3b3dd340@news.povray.org>
Lutz,
Thank you. That's what I was looking for.
Steve