POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : too many different threads there Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:37:12 EDT (-0400)
  too many different threads there (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dean MacIsaac Jr
Subject: too many different threads there
Date: 14 Jun 2001 08:45:48
Message: <3b28b1fc@news.povray.org>
Lutz,

Thanks for the info, but I firmly believe my model is screwing up how Moray
is operating.  I've already made another animation without my model, and it
works just fine.  Now I want to know what's wrong with my model.  Like I
mentioned, once I click ok, I can start Moray all day long, and that window
doesn't show up, but if I double click on the model of my spaceship, to open
Moray, the model has to be bringing a property with it from somewhere, and
the settings window opens with the Moray com .dll installed set to no, and
asks if Moray should set it, and that is checked.

Everyone,

That spaceship model is possesed.  in the m.b newsgroup I posted a zip, and
2 pictures.  The 2 pictures are where I'm a bit confused.  These images were
rendered in POV with just my model, a camera, and no lights.  Could someone
please explain why light is bleeding out of my ship?  The image with the,
say 3/4" elipse of greenish blue glow is the engine port, if I view and
render at an angle I get light, however if I look dead on into the engine, I
get darkness.  I'm baffled.  That is one reason I believe all the issues are
with my model, it is not the software.  I can render the hell out of that
ship, but once I need to animate it, the software freaks out.

I appreciate everyones help on this, and if we never get it that will be ok,
but this has me baffled.  Can't animate, light emitting from something that
contains no light source, and how does a model hang onto, or control how
Moray communicates?  One of the modern mysteries of man (well at least this
man)

Thanks again to all,

Dean

Post a reply to this message