POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : too many different threads there : Re: too many different threads there Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: too many different threads there
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 15 Jun 2001 09:20:59
Message: <2m2kit8egcfh1ce1kuvb24rvp9hlvh2ns9@4ax.com>
Hi Dean MacIsaac Jr., you recently wrote in moray.win:
> Like I mentioned, once I click ok, I can start Moray all day long, and
> that window doesn't show up ...
Really. That's weird. It certainly can't be the model, since the MDL
files contain nothing relevant to the communication with POV-Ray.

Is this related to a reboot? I mean does that window popup after every
reboot and then never again? Or only on a new day?

The next time you want to start Moray for the first time, please can
you try what I described in that last thread (see below):

Go to the INI directory of where POV-Ray is installed
(probably C:\Program Files\POV-Ray For Windows\INI) and edit
PVENGINE.INI. Search for a section that starts like this:

 [GUIExtensions]
 UseExtensions=1

Make sure there is a line (or add it if it isn't) like this:

 ExtDll15=C:\Program Files\Moray For Windows\MorayCtrl.DLL

You need to make sure that there is no other ExtDll15 in that section,
otherwise increase the 15 until you get a number that is not present.
Also make sure that MorayCtrl.dll is in that section once only. And
obviously you might need to change the path to point to where
MorayCtrl.dll really is located (Moray installation directory).
Then start POV-Ray only. Check the Message pane, it should say
something like this:

GUI Extension 'Moray Communcations DLL' loaded from 'MorayCtrl.DLL'
  Report any problems to blabla....

..and the GUI Extension menu item should now show Moray
Communications DLL. If the above message does not appear, please let
me know what does appear in the message pane.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray