POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Anim-Plugin, moray3.3, POV, Win2K bad combo? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  Anim-Plugin, moray3.3, POV, Win2K bad combo? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Dean MacIsaac Jr
Subject: Anim-Plugin, moray3.3, POV, Win2K bad combo?
Date: 7 Jun 2001 12:04:03
Message: <3b1fa5f3@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

It's been a while since I've been in this group, my last project, the
antique table, has fallen to the crash of a hard drive.  Of course no
backups exist... I'm smart that way.

New issues have come up on my horizon.  I am currently a webmaster for a
company with a cool logo, and I've been working on recreating this logo in
Moray.  I decided to tear a piece of my 3d'd logo out, a small spaceship,
and animate it into a splash screen.  I dl'd moray 3.3, Xanders anim plugin,
the galaxy plugin, the spray plugin and pov 3.1g onto my Win 2k machine at
work.  I get beautiful images, then I made a simple animation moving the
spaceship, and the spray object together (spray creating exhaust).  If I
render it in the anim plugin renderer, it renders fine less the spray.  I
knew it wouldn't render the spray.  Now I want to render through POV, and
trouble...  I get the first frame out, and as soon as it finishes, (I assume
POV hands control back to Moray) Moray crashes.  Win 2k does the nice thing
and shuts it down for me.  I've rebooted a couple times hoping something
hadn't connected yet, but that didn't work.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd gladly accept any and all help.

This is a 1.2 GHz Athlon, 256 MB, so processing power is not an issue I
don't think.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Post a reply to this message