POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : double image prob.in animation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  double image prob.in animation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: sshelby
Subject: double image prob.in animation
Date: 23 Jan 2001 08:14:35
Message: <3a6d83bb@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I made an animation in Moray 3.3, using the plug-in, that is basically an
orbiting ball. The problem is that the ball has a double image, so that if
you try to focus your eyes on it as it move across the screen, it appears as
if it were rapidly vibrating from side to side. I've tried several different
compression schemes using AVI and MPG, but nothing seems to make any
difference. If any of you want to see it, I can zip it and e-mail it to you.
Any help would be appreciated.
Steve Shelby
ssh### [at] rexnetnet

Post a reply to this message

If you are using my animation plugin, then please email a zip to me so I
can see what is going on.  Note: I haven't updated the plugin in a
while, and as soon as I get a bit of free time from work, I plan to
clean a few things up and release a 3.3 comptible version.

Xander

sshelby wrote:

> Hi,
> I made an animation in Moray 3.3, using the plug-in, that is basically an
> orbiting ball. The problem is that the ball has a double image, so that if
> you try to focus your eyes on it as it move across the screen, it appears as
> if it were rapidly vibrating from side to side. I've tried several different
> compression schemes using AVI and MPG, but nothing seems to make any
> difference. If any of you want to see it, I can zip it and e-mail it to you.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Steve Shelby
> ssh### [at] rexnetnet

Post a reply to this message

Well, after looking at the MPEG you sent me, the answer is easy.
Dropped frames.  On my machine (admittedly only 350Mhz), it manages to
sustain around 19 FPS.  The clip was built for 30FPS (just look at
statistics in Media Player).  Windows just tries to keep up and can't.

You probably need to compress for either a guaranteed bit rate, or use
enough compression that frames don't get dropped.

Xander

sshelby wrote:

> Hi,
> I made an animation in Moray 3.3, using the plug-in, that is basically an
> orbiting ball. The problem is that the ball has a double image, so that if
> you try to focus your eyes on it as it move across the screen, it appears as
> if it were rapidly vibrating from side to side. I've tried several different
> compression schemes using AVI and MPG, but nothing seems to make any
> difference. If any of you want to see it, I can zip it and e-mail it to you.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Steve Shelby
> ssh### [at] rexnetnet

Post a reply to this message

> If you are using my animation plugin, then please email a zip to me so I
> can see what is going on.  Note: I haven't updated the plugin in a
> while, and as soon as I get a bit of free time from work, I plan to
> clean a few things up and release a 3.3 comptible version.
>
> Xander

Could it be that there's problem if you try to use the plugin and you
try to frame the camera. I think my moray crashed a few times when i
tried this.

Hope to see a new version soon :)

Arne

Post a reply to this message