POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Importing lights Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:26 EDT (-0400)
  Importing lights (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Charles
Subject: Importing lights
Date: 28 Dec 2000 11:44:22
Message: <3a4b6de6@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a list of ~400 lights with the positions x,y,z. It's a text file.
How can I get them into Moray? Typing in every single light is not the
solution.
Somebody knows a how to?

-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Post a reply to this message

From: Dearmad
Subject: Re: Importing lights
Date: 28 Dec 2000 14:16:12
Message: <3A4B929A.FB3E99FD@teleport.com>
I would sugest creating a UDO file.

You could even create program to go through your list to read all the
positions and create little points in the UDO- it would take minimal
programming.  Or failing that just declaring a UDO file and hand coding
it into a cube shape to represent the area containing your lights might
work well.

Charles wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a list of ~400 lights with the positions x,y,z. It's a text file.
> How can I get them into Moray? Typing in every single light is not the
> solution.
> Somebody knows a how to?
>
> -C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Post a reply to this message