POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Importing lights : Re: Importing lights Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Importing lights
From: Charles
Date: 31 Dec 2000 06:05:31
Message: <3a4f12fb$1@news.povray.org>
"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] debitelnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3A4### [at] debitelnet...
> Hmm, little question? Why would somebody wanna have 400+ lights in a
> moray file? I can't really see a use in it. And to reply to Lutz
> suggestions, as far as i recall from my 'tests' with lua it is not
> thought to be used as a import plugin connection. I don't think file
> handling is supported. Correct me, if i'm wrong.

Hi Arne,
I just want to try to get extra smooth shadows like in the arnoldish images.
So I have a dome of point lights to simulate the sky. I already tried to
have a sphere with max. ambient and radiosity, but radiosity does not work
very well in 3.1g.

To import the lights into Moray I have found this solution:
I made a little Qbasic prog that writes this:

light_source {
   <0.435003, 42.5574, 103.389>            I already had the 3 values
   color rgb <0.01, 0.01, 0.01>
}

Then I used POV2MDL. That's it.

To all of you a happy new year!