POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Can Moray's IK do this? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Can Moray's IK do this? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Markus Becker
Subject: Can Moray's IK do this?
Date: 20 Jul 2001 11:49:50
Message: <3B585363.60935641@zess.uni-siegen.de>
Hi,

i'm quite "fluent" in Moray's IK. But in the last days I have
tried to do the following, without success (warning, ASCII-drawing
ahead, adjust your fonts ;-):

            o         <- this can only move up-down
             \
              \
               \
               ()---o     <- pull and push here
               /
              /
             /
            o         <- cant move

Does anyone know what I mean? Can this be done?

Markus

Post a reply to this message

> i'm quite "fluent" in Moray's IK. But in the last days I have
> tried to do the following, without success (warning, ASCII-drawing
> ahead, adjust your fonts ;-):
>

>             o         <- this can only move up-down
>              \
>               \
>                \
>                ()---o     <- pull and push here
>                /
>               /
>              /
>             o         <- cant move
>
> Does anyone know what I mean? Can this be done?
>
> Markus

I know what you mean.  I'm not sure if it can be done...I'll give it a
try...I've got a couple of ideas...I'll inform you if any of my ideas work.
Do you want the top and bottom circles to be able to touch or to stay apart
a bit?

Post a reply to this message