POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Tutorials? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Moray Tutorials? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Cris Williams
Subject: Moray Tutorials?
Date: 25 Aug 2000 11:31:51
Message: <39A69190.FDADA3E0@udri.nospam.udayton.edu>
Greetings!

I have have been a lurker here off and on for a few years - wanting to
get started, downloading all the newest versions of everything as they
came out, but never actually DOING anything with any of them because I
haven't been able to find the time.

Well, now my 11 year old son has developed an interest in cartooning and
animation, and I thought getting him set up with Moray/Povray would be a
good idea.  Besides, once he figures everything out, he can teach me!
;-)

Besides the tutorials provided in the Moray help docs, are there any
other good tutorials out there?  Getting started with this stuff can be
a little overwhelming for an 11 year old (and his dad, too)!

Thanks,

Cris Williams

Post a reply to this message

i think that any once you do the tut's that come with moray and povray,
that you should understand the moray controls at least well enough to
apply any pov 3.1 tutorial to it.  i'm afraid there aren't a whole lot
(if any) moray tutorials out there.  mostly, i would suggest you try to
model simple things around you.  try a pencil, a cup, a lamp or whatever
you have that you can measure and compare.  try to think of what
primitives they are made from.  and if you get stuck, ask for help right
here.  i made a telescope and a desk before i jumped in to my xwing
model.  good luck.