POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : animation plugin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  animation plugin (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: April
Subject: animation plugin
Date: 2 Jul 2000 18:04:27
Message: <395fbc6b@news.povray.org>
is there a way to change the type of movement (ie step, linear, cubic)
between frames (ie step from 0:0 to 0:1, linear from 0:1 to 0:2 etc,)  or to
change the type of movement for different objects?

  also, not to pester or anything, but the features mentioned in the docs
that aren't implemented yet; are they being worked on ? or has the plugin
been put on the back burner?  also, is there a way to define an animation
for an object and save just that part?  the idea is this: i have a
spaceship.  it has landing gear which can be animated.  it has other parts
that can be animated as well.  i don't need them to animate in every scene i
plan on doing.  however, it would be nice to not have to reanimate them
(along with other things in the scene) just to do another scene.  the ideal
thing would be to import just that animation information (or parts of it)
and merge it with the scene and simply specify the time interval it should
take place.  also, i noticed that the plugin doesn't make use of the clock
variable.  actually, moray doesn't really allow the implementation of any of
the programming aspects of povray, which is too bad.  it would be nice if
there were some editor window or something in moray that would let you add
pov script.  this would be especially valuable for arrays, loops, functions,
and for manually adding the 'latest' megapov improvements, without having to
support them natively.  moray could simply implement a 'script' member
variable to the appropriate object or scene class...

Post a reply to this message

by the way, this is ryan constantine over at my mom's for sunday dinner.  so
if you'd rather email me, the address is rco### [at] yahoocom and not the
one below (my mom's).  thank you.

April <aco### [at] prodigynet> wrote in message
>   is there a way to change the type of movement (ie step, linear, cubic)
> between frames (ie step from 0:0 to 0:1, linear from 0:1 to 0:2 etc,)  or
> change the type of movement for different objects?
>
>   also, not to pester or anything, but the features mentioned in the docs
> that aren't implemented yet; are they being worked on ? or has the plugin
> been put on the back burner?  also, is there a way to define an animation
> for an object and save just that part?  the idea is this: i have a
> spaceship.  it has landing gear which can be animated.  it has other parts
> that can be animated as well.  i don't need them to animate in every scene
> plan on doing.  however, it would be nice to not have to reanimate them
> (along with other things in the scene) just to do another scene.  the
ideal
> thing would be to import just that animation information (or parts of it)
> and merge it with the scene and simply specify the time interval it should
> take place.  also, i noticed that the plugin doesn't make use of the clock
> variable.  actually, moray doesn't really allow the implementation of any
of
> the programming aspects of povray, which is too bad.  it would be nice if
> there were some editor window or something in moray that would let you add
> pov script.  this would be especially valuable for arrays, loops,
functions,
> and for manually adding the 'latest' megapov improvements, without having
> support them natively.  moray could simply implement a 'script' member
> variable to the appropriate object or scene class...

Post a reply to this message

sorry, one more question:  i couldn't get the wireframe render to work.  am
i missing something? it just crashed the program.  thanks...again.
ryan

April <aco### [at] prodigynet> wrote in message
>   is there a way to change the type of movement (ie step, linear, cubic)
> between frames (ie step from 0:0 to 0:1, linear from 0:1 to 0:2 etc,)  or
> change the type of movement for different objects?
>
>   also, not to pester or anything, but the features mentioned in the docs
> that aren't implemented yet; are they being worked on ? or has the plugin
> been put on the back burner?  also, is there a way to define an animation
> for an object and save just that part?  the idea is this: i have a
> spaceship.  it has landing gear which can be animated.  it has other parts
> that can be animated as well.  i don't need them to animate in every scene
> plan on doing.  however, it would be nice to not have to reanimate them
> (along with other things in the scene) just to do another scene.  the
ideal
> thing would be to import just that animation information (or parts of it)
> and merge it with the scene and simply specify the time interval it should
> take place.  also, i noticed that the plugin doesn't make use of the clock
> variable.  actually, moray doesn't really allow the implementation of any
of
> the programming aspects of povray, which is too bad.  it would be nice if
> there were some editor window or something in moray that would let you add
> pov script.  this would be especially valuable for arrays, loops,
functions,
> and for manually adding the 'latest' megapov improvements, without having
> support them natively.  moray could simply implement a 'script' member
> variable to the appropriate object or scene class...

Post a reply to this message

yet another question (sorry i didn't think of them all at once):  is there a
way to animate something along a bezier spline as a path where you would
specify the spline, then specify the start and end points that you want your
model to go between?  this would allow an object to travel in a general
direction less robotically.  i'm thinking that the planned features for the
plugin would take care of this problem (being able to manipulate curves on
the timeline).

ryan

April <aco### [at] prodigynet> wrote in message
>   is there a way to change the type of movement (ie step, linear, cubic)
> between frames (ie step from 0:0 to 0:1, linear from 0:1 to 0:2 etc,)  or
> change the type of movement for different objects?
>
>   also, not to pester or anything, but the features mentioned in the docs
> that aren't implemented yet; are they being worked on ? or has the plugin
> been put on the back burner?  also, is there a way to define an animation
> for an object and save just that part?  the idea is this: i have a
> spaceship.  it has landing gear which can be animated.  it has other parts
> that can be animated as well.  i don't need them to animate in every scene
> plan on doing.  however, it would be nice to not have to reanimate them
> (along with other things in the scene) just to do another scene.  the
ideal
> thing would be to import just that animation information (or parts of it)
> and merge it with the scene and simply specify the time interval it should
> take place.  also, i noticed that the plugin doesn't make use of the clock
> variable.  actually, moray doesn't really allow the implementation of any
of
> the programming aspects of povray, which is too bad.  it would be nice if
> there were some editor window or something in moray that would let you add
> pov script.  this would be especially valuable for arrays, loops,
functions,
> and for manually adding the 'latest' megapov improvements, without having
> support them natively.  moray could simply implement a 'script' member
> variable to the appropriate object or scene class...

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:25:22 -0700 "April" <aco### [at] prodigynet>
wrote:

>yet another question (sorry i didn't think of them all at once)
<snip..>

>April <aco### [at] prodigynet> wrote in message
>news:395fbc6b@news.povray.org ...
<snip..>

  Not a problem, Ryan. Also, you needn't quote your original post
*three* times :)

> by the way, this is ryan constantine over at my mom's for sunday dinner.  so
> if you'd rather email me, the address is rco### [at] yahoocom and not the
> one below (my mom's).  thank you.

Hi Ryan's Mom!

*waves*

Simon

Post a reply to this message

i guess this means nobody has answers for me?

Simon de Vet wrote:

> April wrote:
>
> > by the way, this is ryan constantine over at my mom's for sunday dinner.  so
> > if you'd rather email me, the address is rco### [at] yahoocom and not the
> > one below (my mom's).  thank you.
>
> Hi Ryan's Mom!
>
> *waves*
>
> Simon