POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : is there a way? or is this a feature request? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  is there a way? or is this a feature request? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ryan constantine
Subject: is there a way? or is this a feature request?
Date: 28 Jun 2000 02:25:33
Message: <39599B30.631F810C@yahoo.com>
is there a way to specify texture transformations specific to an
object?  for example i have a gradient that is scaled to fit an object
exactly 0.5 units long and have scaled and translated it accordingly.
then i ran into another object that would look good with the same
texture, but it is longer.  i'd like to scale the texture just for that
object without having to do it by hand.  the two objects are disimilar
so i can't reference them.  and they are both too complex to make the
second one smaller, then attach the texture and then scale it up to the
right size.  local, parent, and global does me no good in this case.
worse than editing the file by hand at the end would be to make another
copy of the texture just for that object.  lame.  lutz?

Post a reply to this message