POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : feature request for Xander... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  feature request for Xander... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: K  Lasse
Subject: feature request for Xander...
Date: 20 Jun 2000 16:16:15
Message: <394fd10f$1@news.povray.org>
Xander and AnimPlugin crew,

Firstly, thanks for a really cool animation tool! I just have a quick plea
for the future... and maybe some discussion/dialog from the newsgroup
readers...

Is there a way to add the ability to view the path(s) taken by cameras or
objects over the course of an animation within the four views of Moray? I
remember playing around with an old Release 1 of 3D Studio for DOS and it
would let you click on an object and display the path taken by that object
over the animation's run, including nodes representing frames and
highlighted nodes for keyframes. This was a VERY hand feature as it gave you
an instant view of how the path looked and if/where it needed tweaking. I've
not seen any recent releases of MAX, so I don't know if it is still a
feature or not...

An alternate feature that could replace this: enable objects and cameras to
follow the path of a 3D spline over the course of an animation. This would
prove infinitely more flexible as you could edit the path to change the
movement of a camera, for example, with instant visual feedback on how your
edits affected things. The splines nodes could be the keyframes and could be
added or subtracted as needed. Perhaps its editing could take place in an
additional tab as extrudes and revolves are now along with the same variety
of line/spline types (to enhance your current "step/linear/cubic" path
options). Is this just too way "out there" to consider?

Thanks,
-Kelly (kla### [at] usacom)

Post a reply to this message