POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: [OT] Monitor Size - Survey? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Monitor Size - Survey? (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Ken
Subject: Re: [OT] Monitor Size - Survey?
Date: 21 Feb 2000 16:25:19
Message: <38B1ACF2.402DA7CE@pacbell.net>
Bruce wrote:

> Was just curious what size of monitor's people were actually using for
> doing 3D modelling.

I have a 15" monitor and would kill for a 19". 17" is "nice" but if you
can hold out for a 19" with decent resolution specs DO IT.

From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 21 Feb 2000 19:57:31
Message: <38B1DEFB.54DDB83@student.kuleuven.ac.be>
(I'm just writing down my thoughts here)
I have a 17" and it's cool.  Before that I worked on a 15" and even
that was great cause I was used to work on a 14" (800*600!  I now work
at 1280*1024 :-)
I think, but I'm not sure, that a 19" is rather expensive compared to
a 17", so I think, but I'm not sure (did I say that already?) that
it's still better to buy a 17".

But again: I'm not sure!

ZK

Bruce wrote:

> Was just curious what size of monitor's people were actually using for
> doing 3D modelling.
>
> I've only just played with Moray a couple times, but found it pretty
> tough to make anything reasonable with my old 14", so I'm looking at
> upgrading my system, and trying to decide between a 17" and a 19"+
>
> Of course, the bigger the better, but I was just wondering if a 17" is
> actually worth it, or if I should just skip it, save up a few more
> penies and go direct to a 19"?
>
> Thank in advance for any comments
>
> Bruce Lamming

Post a reply to this message