POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: [OT] Monitor Size - Survey? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Monitor Size - Survey? (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: [OT] Monitor Size - Survey?
Date: 28 Feb 2000 03:34:00
Message: <38ba32f8@news.povray.org>
I use an Acer AcerView 76e 17" monitor, left over from my previous computer.
It can safely reach 1280x1024 in 32 bit color (it can go to 1600x1200, but
it's not worth the risks).  Not bad for a 2 1/3 year old monitor!

However, one thing that I didn't see mentioned was your display adapter.
That really determines how high of a resolution you can go to just as much
as the monitor.  For example, my old Acer system, where I got the monitor
from, had a Rage Pro graphics chip with 2 megs of video RAM.  With that
combination, you could get up to 1280x1024 in 8 bit, 1152x864 in 16 bit, and
800x600 in 32 bit.  Now, with my new computer (and Rage Fury card) I can get
up to 1280x1024 in any color depth, however, that's a limitation my monitor
sets.  In reality, the card can go to 1920x1600 (or something like that)
with no sweat.

In conclusion, my current setup (1280x1024 with 32 bit color) works out
great in Moray.  I'd recommend it any day (until I get a bigger monitor.
hehe)

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-