POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Careful with what you call Anim Plugin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:05 EDT (-0400)
  Careful with what you call Anim Plugin (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Tim Riley
Subject: Careful with what you call Anim Plugin
Date: 17 Feb 2000 12:14:03
Message: <38AC2C57.ED218C79@its.bldrdoc.gov>
Here's a problem that I'm certain only I have encountered:
After downloading the file (named setup.exe), I renamed it for better
identification when I store it on my archive disk. When I tried running the
file, it generated the error message "Unable to find attachment" and then
quit. I went back to the web page and couldn't find any reference to a
necessary attachment. I thought about it for a while, the renamed it back
to setup.exe, ran it, and it installed fine. Apparently the program looks
for itself specifically by its original name. I've never seen a program do
this before. It wasn't a problem, just a surprise.

Post a reply to this message

I've never had this problem.  I renamed it because 3dwin's file is also
called setup.exe .  I had no problems installing animplugin.

Post a reply to this message

>Here's a problem that I'm certain only I have encountered:
>After downloading the file (named setup.exe), I renamed it for better
>identification when I store it on my archive disk. When I tried running the
>file, it generated the error message "Unable to find attachment" and then
>quit. I went back to the web page and couldn't find any reference to a
>necessary attachment. I thought about it for a while, the renamed it back
>to setup.exe, ran it, and it installed fine. Apparently the program looks
>for itself specifically by its original name. I've never seen a program do
>this before. It wasn't a problem, just a surprise.

Exactly the same senario here. It's weird! There must be some call to
decompression library that has 'setup.exe' hard-coded.

Dave.
mic### [at] sympaticoca

Post a reply to this message