POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Careful with what you call Anim Plugin : Re: Careful with what you call Anim Plugin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Careful with what you call Anim Plugin
From: Florian Fischer
Date: 18 Feb 2000 14:09:37
Message: <38AD9052.6D0F4B8@gmx.de>
> I'll take suggestions for a better name for the install executable.

Well, after downloading, I always rename it to "setupanibxx.exe",
where xx is the number of the current beta release.
Of course, this is not a 8.3 name, but Moray doesn't work in Win 3.1
at all, and I really don't understand why everyone wants zip files or
install programs which have file names shorter than nine characters.

The disadvantage of this system is of course, that different versions
will cram up lots of space, but my new hard disk isn't full yet, so it
doesn't matter...

Just to mention: I never had problems installing the renamed plugin.
That seems to be a very strange error, as I've never heard before of
it.

Florian