POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Inverse Kinematics Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Inverse Kinematics (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steven Jones
Subject: Inverse Kinematics
Date: 14 Feb 2000 16:54:55
Message: <38A879AD.1142487A@tsn.cc>
I tried the tutorial that comes with Moray 3.2 (anyone got it yet?) but
it doesn't work.  The sphere won't go anywhere.  Is there something
wrong with it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: Inverse Kinematics
Date: 15 Feb 2000 04:15:50
Message: <38a916d5.2066491@194.174.214.110>
Hi Steven Jones, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I tried the tutorial that comes with Moray 3.2 (anyone got it yet?) but
> it doesn't work.  The sphere won't go anywhere.  Is there something
> wrong with it?
Not that I know of. I just tried it and it works fine. Are you
switching to IK mode (hotkey I) instead of translation mode (hotkey
T)?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Steven Jones
Date: 15 Feb 2000 15:05:32
Message: <38A9B184.17778F8D@tsn.cc>
I worked that bit out last night and the hand moves fine but when I
texture and render it there is a whopping big gap between Elbow and
Shoulder.  In Moray, this gap shows up as a cone-shaped object.

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 16 Feb 2000 05:13:42
Message: <38ab77ae.8232307@194.174.214.110>
Hi Steven Jones, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I worked that bit out last night and the hand moves fine but when I
> texture and render it there is a whopping big gap between Elbow and
> Shoulder.  In Moray, this gap shows up as a cone-shaped object.
Oops, could be that I never rendered it. If the cone-shape is white
and changes shape, then it is not an object, but a representation of
the IK chain that is present in the model. You'll notice that it
disappears if you switch to translation mode (non-IK).

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray