POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Merge scene bug, and feature request. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Merge scene bug, and feature request. (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bret Slivka
Subject: Merge scene bug, and feature request.
Date: 27 Jan 2000 12:51:20
Message: <38908605.D93A035F@chisp.net>
Hello, I'm using moray build 5270, on a 166mhz pentium with windows 98.
Has anyone else here experienced a bug in this build in which merging
scenes or objects causes it to crash? My copy seems to be doing it every
time now, except when merging scenes exported from spatch.   Maybe it's
something specific in my computer/installation
bad registry entry or something. in any case it's getting slightly
frustrating.

Also I have a request for a feature: universally declaring variables
that can be interpolated with the animation plugin. the idea is that
these would be floats or vectors declared at the top of the exported
file, with whatever name you specify. You could use these variables in
UDO, INC pairs for easy custom, parameterized objects in moray without
having to write a plug-in for them. For graphical representations, the
vectors could have a similar wireframe to that of local coordinates.
Depending on wether you specify it as a rotational, scaling,
translational, or color vector.  For float declarations you could
specify a range, and it could be controlled via a slider. these
declarations could be represented in the interface just as objects are,
allowing them to be grouped with objects, and for vectors allowing
transformations to be applied, and ik available. when grouped with udo,
they are declared just before the inc file specified in the udo is
included.
what do you guys think? would this be a good addition?

Post a reply to this message

I found what was occuring the bug. Running Iolo macro magic at the same time
as moray causes moray to crash during certain operations.

Post a reply to this message

> Hello, I'm using moray build 5270, on a 166mhz pentium with windows 98.
> Has anyone else here experienced a bug in this build in which merging
> scenes or objects causes it to crash? My copy seems to be doing it every
> time now, except when merging scenes exported from spatch.   Maybe it's
> something specific in my computer/installation
> bad registry entry or something. in any case it's getting slightly
> frustrating.

There are some problems that Lutz and I need to work out with respect to
merging objects/scenes and the anim plugin.  I associate names with sets
of keys, so when you merge (or in fact just do copy/paste within Moray),
you can confuse the anim plugin.

It might also be something else happening, but that's at least one known
problem.

> Also I have a request for a feature: universally declaring variables
> that can be interpolated with the animation plugin.

Yup - but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to represent
variables/splines, etc.  So many things to do.  So much time spent at
work to keep on living.

Xander