POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Merge scene bug, and feature request. : Re: Merge scene bug, and feature request. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merge scene bug, and feature request.
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 28 Jan 2000 11:53:07
Message: <3891CB23.69EDBFDB@mitre.org>
Bret Slivka wrote:

> Hello, I'm using moray build 5270, on a 166mhz pentium with windows 98.
> Has anyone else here experienced a bug in this build in which merging
> scenes or objects causes it to crash? My copy seems to be doing it every
> time now, except when merging scenes exported from spatch.   Maybe it's
> something specific in my computer/installation
> bad registry entry or something. in any case it's getting slightly
> frustrating.

There are some problems that Lutz and I need to work out with respect to
merging objects/scenes and the anim plugin.  I associate names with sets
of keys, so when you merge (or in fact just do copy/paste within Moray),
you can confuse the anim plugin.

It might also be something else happening, but that's at least one known
problem.

> Also I have a request for a feature: universally declaring variables
> that can be interpolated with the animation plugin.

Yup - but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to represent
variables/splines, etc.  So many things to do.  So much time spent at
work to keep on living.

Xander