POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Polyray vs Povray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Polyray vs Povray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
Subject: Polyray vs Povray
Date: 24 Jan 2000 12:03:38
Message: <388c85ea@news.povray.org>
I've never used Polyray, but I've noticed that Moray supports it.  Should I
bother to try it, or is Povray 3.1 better?

Werner

Post a reply to this message

From: Florian Fischer
Subject: Re: Polyray vs Povray
Date: 24 Jan 2000 14:38:49
Message: <388CA920.8A00B581@gmx.de>
> I've never used Polyray, but I've noticed that Moray supports it.
> Should I bother to try it, or is Povray 3.1 better?

Polyray has really got some features that are missing in POV-Ray
(spherical heightfields etc.), but it is no longer under development.
The polyray export in Moray 3.1 doen't work well (no textures), so it
has been removed in Moray 3.2 and is now replaced by a Polyray (and
animation) plugin available at http://pages.hotbot.com/arts/are.

Florian

Post a reply to this message

Polyray is very similar to POV-Ray on the textual interface side, I used it
before I saw POV-Ray.  It never changed since I last used it years ago and POV
has progressed a lot beyond Polyray I'd say.  Alexander Enzmann, Polyray author,
is a POV Developer.  I had a tough time leaving Polyray, it was good too.

Bob