POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANN: Link Include File ready for testing!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:21 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: Link Include File ready for testing!! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Keith Hull
Subject: ANN: Link Include File ready for testing!!
Date: 17 Oct 1999 12:29:14
Message: <3809F9D5.89AEB7B9@totalise.co.uk>
Hi All,

Fitz asked me to try producing a Link Include file PlugIn for Moray,
it's in the usual place....

http://users.zetnet.co.uk/keithh/pov.htm

Note that you need to have 2 objects as endpoints for a link, it's
usually best to use spheres.
It's also easier if you turn off Morays check for textures when you
output to Pov, since you may not want to texture the spheres (just make
them very small and the will magically vanish) and you may not want or
cannot have a different texture on the Link (depends on the Link
object).

Best Regards,

Keith

Post a reply to this message

Any possibility of making the link objects groupable? I, for one, tend to
create objects in one scene, then group them and save it as a object, and
finally merge the object into my "big picture" I like the clean slate when
I'm working on something semi-complex.

--
Krystian Bates
  kgbates at ply.adelphia.com
http://www.geocities.com/kgbates
ICQ #48251356 EFNet #ClashDev
Keith Hull <kei### [at] totalisecouk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Fitz asked me to try producing a Link Include file PlugIn for Moray,
> it's in the usual place....
>
> http://users.zetnet.co.uk/keithh/pov.htm
>

> Note that you need to have 2 objects as endpoints for a link, it's
> usually best to use spheres.
> It's also easier if you turn off Morays check for textures when you
> output to Pov, since you may not want to texture the spheres (just make
> them very small and the will magically vanish) and you may not want or
> cannot have a different texture on the Link (depends on the Link
> object).
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Keith

Post a reply to this message

> Any possibility of making the link objects groupable? I, for one, tend to
> create objects in one scene, then group them and save it as a object, and
> finally merge the object into my "big picture" I like the clean slate when
> I'm working on something semi-complex.
>
> --
> Krystian Bates
>   kgbates at ply.adelphia.com
> http://www.geocities.com/kgbates
> ICQ #48251356 EFNet #ClashDev
> Keith Hull <kei### [at] totalisecouk> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Fitz asked me to try producing a Link Include file PlugIn for Moray,
> > it's in the usual place....
> >
> > http://users.zetnet.co.uk/keithh/pov.htm
> >

> > Note that you need to have 2 objects as endpoints for a link, it's
> > usually best to use spheres.
> > It's also easier if you turn off Morays check for textures when you
> > output to Pov, since you may not want to texture the spheres (just make
> > them very small and the will magically vanish) and you may not want or
> > cannot have a different texture on the Link (depends on the Link
> > object).
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Keith

Post a reply to this message