POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Raytracing help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Raytracing help (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Dan
Subject: Raytracing help
Date: 6 Oct 1999 14:17:47
Message: <37FB9458.71712C1A@netscape.net>
Hello,

I recently lost *all* my data in a horrendous Win98 crash.  So, all the
lovely info I had on good raytracing settings for Moray is gone, all
gone (sob).  All I can recall is that someone on this newsgroup once
published his settings, which worked very well.

Normally, I'd just search for the info.  However, since this ng is not
accessible via Deja.com or other search engines (to my knowledge), I
have no way to find it without looking at 2,379 posts.

Will someone please share his/her settings, or point me toward a site or
other info?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Post a reply to this message

> I recently lost *all* my data in a horrendous Win98 crash.  So, all the
> lovely info I had on good raytracing settings for Moray is gone, all
> gone (sob).  All I can recall is that someone on this newsgroup once
> published his settings, which worked very well.
>
> Normally, I'd just search for the info.  However, since this ng is not
> accessible via Deja.com or other search engines (to my knowledge), I
> have no way to find it without looking at 2,379 posts.
>
> Will someone please share his/her settings, or point me toward a site or
> other info?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan

Of course, I actually meant to say "radiosity" instead of raytracing...sigh.

Post a reply to this message

Which NG did you post your settings on (if you remember)?

I'll try to find it.  Outlook Express has a pretty nice find feature.  And
did you always use the name "Dan"?

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-

Please visit my site at http://spectere2000.cjb.net! :)

Dan <evg### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I recently lost *all* my data in a horrendous Win98 crash.  So, all the
> lovely info I had on good raytracing settings for Moray is gone, all
> gone (sob).  All I can recall is that someone on this newsgroup once
> published his settings, which worked very well.
>
> Normally, I'd just search for the info.  However, since this ng is not
> accessible via Deja.com or other search engines (to my knowledge), I
> have no way to find it without looking at 2,379 posts.
>
> Will someone please share his/her settings, or point me toward a site or
> other info?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dan

Post a reply to this message

Actually, I didn't post them.  I remember seeing someone else's.

Dan

Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> Which NG did you post your settings on (if you remember)?
>
> I'll try to find it.  Outlook Express has a pretty nice find feature.  And
> did you always use the name "Dan"?
>
> --
> This message brought to you by:
> -=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-
>
> Please visit my site at http://spectere2000.cjb.net! :)
>
> Dan <evg### [at] netscapenet> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently lost *all* my data in a horrendous Win98 crash.  So, all the
> > lovely info I had on good raytracing settings for Moray is gone, all
> > gone (sob).  All I can recall is that someone on this newsgroup once
> > published his settings, which worked very well.
> >
> > Normally, I'd just search for the info.  However, since this ng is not
> > accessible via Deja.com or other search engines (to my knowledge), I
> > have no way to find it without looking at 2,379 posts.
> >
> > Will someone please share his/her settings, or point me toward a site or
> > other info?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Dan

Post a reply to this message

> > I recently lost *all* my data in a horrendous Win98 crash.  So, all the
> > lovely info I had on good raytracing settings for Moray is gone, all
> > gone (sob).  All I can recall is that someone on this newsgroup once
> > published his settings, which worked very well.
> >
> > Normally, I'd just search for the info.  However, since this ng is not
> > accessible via Deja.com or other search engines (to my knowledge), I
> > have no way to find it without looking at 2,379 posts.
> >
> > Will someone please share his/her settings, or point me toward a site or
> > other info?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Dan
>
> Of course, I actually meant to say "radiosity" instead of raytracing...sigh.

You might take a look at Warp's experiments with Radiosity. He provides some
of the settings he used in the comments section of the page.

http://www.students.tut.fi/~warp/pics/Radiosity_test2/

--
Ken Tyler
1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: