POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : can i use one object to cut into another, if so how? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  can i use one object to cut into another, if so how? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Scott Urban
Subject: can i use one object to cut into another, if so how?
Date: 22 Aug 1999 00:13:51
Message: <37bf78ff@news.povray.org>
im am used to using 3d modelling lab where i could take an object like a
cyllinder and use it to make a hole in a plane is it possible to do that in
moray or not?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: can i use one object to cut into another, if so how?
Date: 22 Aug 1999 01:01:19
Message: <37BF83FC.8535EEBF@pacbell.net>
Scott Urban wrote:

> im am used to using 3d modelling lab where i could take an object like a
> cyllinder and use it to make a hole in a plane is it possible to do that in
> moray or not?

They are called CSG boolean operations in Pov and Moray can do these operations.
Look for the functions called intersection and difference and read up on the
proceedures in the povray documentation for specifics.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: