POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : can i use one object to cut into another, if so how? : Re: can i use one object to cut into another, if so how? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can i use one object to cut into another, if so how?
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 8 Sep 1999 21:28:13
Message: <37d70d2d@news.povray.org>
First, position the base and carver object however you want then.  Now, go
onto the create object screen in Moray.  Then, add a CSG object.  Now,
first, ADD the base object, then the carver object.  Now, under CSG type,
select "difference".  That's if you want the two solids to "cancel each
other out".  If you want then to "fill each other", so to speak, click
"intersection".  I find intersection a tad hard to explain.  You'll see it,
probably ;)

Hope this helps!

-Ian