POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animplugin question *wince* Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Animplugin question *wince* (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: The Prevers
Subject: Animplugin question *wince*
Date: 10 Jun 1999 16:19:08
Message: <37601EB7.37898647@turbont.net>
Hello,
    I've been using the moray keyframe/rendering plugin for a little
while, and I must say it's very cool.  Usually it works perfectly, too.
But recently I set up a scene, keyframes & all, and when I clicked
"animate", Moray hung for a few seconds and then crashed.  I had the
same result when I just clicked "render".  The only weird thing in the
scene was a translational sweep -- would that screw things up?
    Another weird thing to report:  sometimes when opening up a scene
with keyframes, it gives me this message: "The following plugin has read
a different amount of bytes from the file than it informed Moray it
would.  You can choose to correct the file position (recommended), or
you can leave the file position where it is."  Even when I clicked
"correct file position", it happened again later.  What's going on?
    Sorry for posting as my question's probably been answered already,
but I did look for an answer in previous postings!  Really!

Joe Prever

Post a reply to this message

>     I've been using the moray keyframe/rendering plugin for a little
> while, and I must say it's very cool.  Usually it works perfectly, too.

I'll assume for the sake of argument you are using beta 9 (most recent
available version)...

> But recently I set up a scene, keyframes & all, and when I clicked
> "animate", Moray hung for a few seconds and then crashed.  I had the
> same result when I just clicked "render".  The only weird thing in the
> scene was a translational sweep -- would that screw things up?

Translational sweeps seemed to me to be ok, but then several people have
found severe bugs in Bezier's (only planar Beziers created within Moray
work, cylindrical Beziers or Beziers imported from sPatch cause crashes
if you animate the control points).

When you find problems, feel free to contact me about them
(are### [at] hotbotcom).  Small .mdl files that exhibit the problem are the
best - that way I can step through the debugger and determine the
problem.

>     Another weird thing to report:  sometimes when opening up a scene
> with keyframes, it gives me this message: "The following plugin has read
> a different amount of bytes from the file than it informed Moray it
> would.  You can choose to correct the file position (recommended), or
> you can leave the file position where it is."  Even when I clicked
> "correct file position", it happened again later.  What's going on?

That's not good.  It means that the plugin is either reading too much
data from the file, or too little.  Either way, Moray is protecting you
from a crash when it asks you to correct the file position (because it
is preventing the plugin from doing something bad).

Send me the file - it may be a bug I've worked, it may not.

Xander