POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : 3d Win feature request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:10 EDT (-0400)
  3d Win feature request (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Florian Fischer
Subject: 3d Win feature request
Date: 9 Jun 1999 12:43:04
Message: <375E9A30.42DF7EE1@gmx.de>
Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place for this message but there
seem to be more 3dwin questions in this group.

The problem is that quite every raytracing / rendering environment I
know except Moray has Y defined as up. I don't know what happens with
the input from 3DS and such but I guess that it's just as screwed up
as my scene which was exported to VRML via Polyray and 3DWin.
[this is cool; look several pages upward in this group how to do this]
So, I need a button to convert from Y-Up to Z-Up and vice versa. This
is, AFAIK, kind of a mirror operation and might be easily performed in
3DWin, as the scene does only consist of triangles at that time.
Thank you, Thomas Baier, for your work on this tool. It's very useful!

Bye
  Florian Fischer <flo### [at] gmxde>

Post a reply to this message

> I don't know if this is the right place for this message but there
> seem to be more 3dwin questions in this group.
>
> The problem is that quite every raytracing / rendering environment I
> know except Moray has Y defined as up. I don't know what happens with
> the input from 3DS and such but I guess that it's just as screwed up
> as my scene which was exported to VRML via Polyray and 3DWin.
> [this is cool; look several pages upward in this group how to do this]
> So, I need a button to convert from Y-Up to Z-Up and vice versa. This
> is, AFAIK, kind of a mirror operation and might be easily performed in
> 3DWin, as the scene does only consist of triangles at that time.
> Thank you, Thomas Baier, for your work on this tool. It's very useful!
>
> Bye
>   Florian Fischer <flo### [at] gmxde>

  I believe that was Thomas' intent when he put the swap axis options in the
import and export options dialog. Take a closer look at that feature and
yoiu chould be able to correct for the odd camera that Moray uses.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net