POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Another Feature Request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Another Feature Request (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Thomas Lake
Subject: Another Feature Request
Date: 17 Apr 1999 03:46:55
Message: <37182FA4.5EB1D077@home.com>
I was reading the feature request posts here, while modeling a candle
flame media texture when I suddenly thought of a feature which I think,
and I think others think so too, is sourly needed in Moray. Which is the
ability to enter numbers above 1.0 into any of the rgbt and scaling
fields. There have been quite a few times when I have wanted to turn up
the rbg values in a media texture above 1.0, and have been forced to
export the scene and go in by hand which is way more time consuming. I
can't see how this would be hard to implement, though I could be wrong,
just as the right handed axis feature doesn't look hard to implement.

Post a reply to this message

> just as the right handed axis feature doesn't look hard to implement.

The right handed axis is the current standard. Left is now the right way
to think. I think.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

Right on! And abient, too....can't go above 1!

Thomas Lake wrote:

> I was reading the feature request posts here, while modeling a candle
> flame media texture when I suddenly thought of a feature which I think,
> and I think others think so too, is sourly needed in Moray. Which is the
> ability to enter numbers above 1.0 into any of the rgbt and scaling
> fields. There have been quite a few times when I have wanted to turn up
> the rbg values in a media texture above 1.0, and have been forced to
> export the scene and go in by hand which is way more time consuming. I
> can't see how this would be hard to implement, though I could be wrong,
> just as the right handed axis feature doesn't look hard to implement.

--
With a lever long enough, one can move the world with little force
      MJ Engh

Post a reply to this message

Have you tried clicking on the "Range" button (right next to the "Pick"
button) and changing the maximum value to something higher than 1.0?

Xander

Thomas Lake wrote:

> I was reading the feature request posts here, while modeling a candle
> flame media texture when I suddenly thought of a feature which I think,
> and I think others think so too, is sourly needed in Moray. Which is the
> ability to enter numbers above 1.0 into any of the rgbt and scaling
> fields. There have been quite a few times when I have wanted to turn up
> the rbg values in a media texture above 1.0, and have been forced to
> export the scene and go in by hand which is way more time consuming. I
> can't see how this would be hard to implement, though I could be wrong,
> just as the right handed axis feature doesn't look hard to implement.

Post a reply to this message

however, you can't pull that nifty trick for Ambient...which would be very,
very useful.

Alexander Enzmann wrote:

> Have you tried clicking on the "Range" button (right next to the "Pick"
> button) and changing the maximum value to something higher than 1.0?
>
> Xander
>
> Thomas Lake wrote:
> >
> > I was reading the feature request posts here, while modeling a candle
> > flame media texture when I suddenly thought of a feature which I think,
> > and I think others think so too, is sourly needed in Moray. Which is the
> > ability to enter numbers above 1.0 into any of the rgbt and scaling
> > fields. There have been quite a few times when I have wanted to turn up
> > the rbg values in a media texture above 1.0, and have been forced to
> > export the scene and go in by hand which is way more time consuming. I
> > can't see how this would be hard to implement, though I could be wrong,
> > just as the right handed axis feature doesn't look hard to implement.

--
Given a lever long enough, one can move the world with little force
      MJ Engh