POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : REQ for Polyray/animplug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  REQ for Polyray/animplug (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rick
Subject: REQ for Polyray/animplug
Date: 18 Apr 1999 09:18:11
Message: <3719cd83.0@news.povray.org>
Hi
I like the anim plug, the keyframe support is excellnt, however, would it be
possable to make the plug render in POVray, that way we get animation and
lots iof fancy effects!

Rick

Post a reply to this message

From: Alexander Enzmann
Subject: Re: REQ for Polyray/animplug
Date: 19 Apr 1999 08:22:22
Message: <371B1218.1F6152A1@mitre.org>
Yes, it is possible to get it working with POV-Ray.  However, it is
quite difficult.  Given the current structure of both Moray and POV-Ray,
this requires writing a GUI-extension DLL for POV-Ray and a whold bunch
of code within the Moray plugin to establish the connection.

You would also have to be very careful not to do any modification of the
scene while the animation is being generated (you wouldn't be able to
generate multiple renders/animations at the same time like you do with
Polyray).  There's no way for me to lock down the scene from edits.

Over time I will probably get this done - it's just that it is a bigger
task than it might appear.

Xander

Rick wrote:

> Hi
> I like the anim plug, the keyframe support is excellnt, however, would it be
> possable to make the plug render in POVray, that way we get animation and
> lots iof fancy effects!
>
> Rick

Post a reply to this message

What about a simpler solution? Something like:

When exporting the animation to POV, your plugin simply steps through all
keys (changing each object accordingly, as it already does now when the user
moves the slider) and exports a numbered POV-script for each frame, plus a
nice batch or INI file at the end, to run the whole bunch through POV-Ray.
This wouldn't take advantage of POV's clock, but it would work...

Johannes.

Alexander Enzmann wrote in message <371B1218.1F6152A1@mitre.org>...
>Yes, it is possible to get it working with POV-Ray.  However, it is
>quite difficult.  Given the current structure of both Moray and POV-Ray,
>this requires writing a GUI-extension DLL for POV-Ray and a whold bunch
>of code within the Moray plugin to establish the connection.
>
>You would also have to be very careful not to do any modification of the
>scene while the animation is being generated (you wouldn't be able to
>generate multiple renders/animations at the same time like you do with
>Polyray).  There's no way for me to lock down the scene from edits.
>
>Over time I will probably get this done - it's just that it is a bigger
>task than it might appear.
>
>Xander
>
>Rick wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I like the anim plug, the keyframe support is excellnt, however, would it
be
>> possable to make the plug render in POVray, that way we get animation and
>> lots iof fancy effects!
>>
>> Rick

Post a reply to this message