POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Anim Plug in Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Anim Plug in (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim Sharp
Subject: Anim Plug in
Date: 8 Apr 1999 23:57:01
Message: <370d6c7d.0@news.povray.org>
The new animation plug in is great, but is there anyway to get full Pov
support for it.  Polyray doesn't seem to support Media, or the spray.inc
plug in.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Craig

Post a reply to this message

From: Alexander Enzmann
Subject: Re: Anim Plug in
Date: 9 Apr 1999 12:41:23
Message: <370E1FE5.442B9428@mitre.org>
It does support Media - make sure the "volume" checkbox is active in
raytracing.  Note that you may have to play with the step sizes and
number of steps to get good results.  Polyray doesn't use the same
technique for evaluating volumetrics as POV-Ray.

I'll look at the .mdl file to help with any media questions.

Polyray doesn't provide much support for other plugins.  Especially ones
that rely on .inc files.

As far as full POV-Ray support (for animation), that's just not a real
high priority right now.  It would be a lot of work to get it working
well and that time would be taken away from things I'd rather be doing.

Xander

Tim Sharp wrote:

> The new animation plug in is great, but is there anyway to get full Pov
> support for it.  Polyray doesn't seem to support Media, or the spray.inc
> plug in.  Maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Craig

Post a reply to this message