POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Anim Plug in : Re: Anim Plug in Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anim Plug in
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 9 Apr 1999 12:41:23
Message: <370E1FE5.442B9428@mitre.org>
It does support Media - make sure the "volume" checkbox is active in
raytracing.  Note that you may have to play with the step sizes and
number of steps to get good results.  Polyray doesn't use the same
technique for evaluating volumetrics as POV-Ray.

I'll look at the .mdl file to help with any media questions.

Polyray doesn't provide much support for other plugins.  Especially ones
that rely on .inc files.

As far as full POV-Ray support (for animation), that's just not a real
high priority right now.  It would be a lot of work to get it working
well and that time would be taken away from things I'd rather be doing.

Xander