POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Possible Bug in Moray for Windows 3.1 (build 4325) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Possible Bug in Moray for Windows 3.1 (build 4325) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Philip Cowley
Subject: Possible Bug in Moray for Windows 3.1 (build 4325)
Date: 16 Feb 1999 06:31:58
Message: <36c9572e.0@news.povray.org>
In the MaterialEditor try to add a scattering media... It doesnt do
anything... Add a emission media and it works a treat...

Anyone know a workaround?

Rarius

Post a reply to this message

From: Glen Adomovicz
Subject: Re: Possible Bug in Moray for Windows 3.1 (build 4325)
Date: 16 Feb 1999 18:20:02
Message: <36c9fd22.0@news.povray.org>
>Philip Cowley wrote:
>In the MaterialEditor try to add a scattering media... It doesnt do
>anything... Add a emission media and it works a treat...
>
>Anyone know a workaround?
>
>Rarius

Scattering media works with volumetric lighting. You have to make a texture
in the texture editor, give the media a name by highliting  it and pressing
alt-enter and check the box to the right for scattering. The luminosity for
the scattering should be set real low - about .022. Then go to your scene
settings and to the media tab. You should see the name of the media and
check the enable box. It works best with spot lights. I don't know if the
are any other uses for it.

Hope this helps,
Glen

Post a reply to this message

>>In the MaterialEditor try to add a scattering media... It doesnt do
>>anything... Add a emission media and it works a treat...
>
>Scattering media works with volumetric lighting. You have to make a texture
>in the texture editor, give the media a name by highliting  it and pressing
>alt-enter and check the box to the right for scattering. The luminosity for
>the scattering should be set real low - about .022. Then go to your scene
>settings and to the media tab. You should see the name of the media and
>check the enable box. It works best with spot lights. I don't know if the
>are any other uses for it.

Thanks...

Adding a scattering colour should automatically select this though!!!

Rarius