POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Hardware Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Hardware Question (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Christopher A  Stallworth
Subject: Hardware Question
Date: 17 Jan 1999 01:30:57
Message: <36A0DBEC.E4E730EB@sirinet.net>
Asking for advice or suggestions.  I recently upgrade my system from a
Pentium 166Mhz w/48Mb of RAM & a 2 MB ATI video card to the following;

AMD-K6-2 w 3D Now 400Mhz processor, 64 Mb of SDRAM, & 4Mb AGP(Trident).

My question: As far as modeling in Moray is concerned, will a video card
with more memory produce faster redraws. The Trident AGP was purchased
as a quick fix but my intentions are to go with a well known commercial
model such as MATRX, STB., ATI.  Looking to stay under the $250 range.
    It's my understanding that the video card plays no role in the speed
of the actual rendering process(POV-Ray) but rather this is handeled by
the CPU and or the limitations (capabilities) of the software.
    I would appreciate any suggestions/feedback.

Thanks,

Christopher A. Stallworth

Post a reply to this message