POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Hardware Question : Re: Hardware Question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware Question
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 17 Jan 1999 07:35:35
Message: <36a1d2d6.8322336@194.174.214.110>
Hi Christopher A. Stallworth, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> My question: As far as modeling in Moray is concerned, will a video card
> with more memory produce faster redraws.
While I'm not absolutely certain, I don't think so. All graphics
adapters that are available these days support hardware blitting so ,
moray should run fine. There are a couple of ways to tune the redraw
speed so you should always be able to find your optimum setting.

I have a Matrox (Mystique or Millenium) and it's plenty fast.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray