POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Object... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Object... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Crazyfish
Subject: Object...
Date: 28 Mar 1999 00:11:27
Message: <36FDAB53.1C4E@flash.net>
I made a picture.  I want to add that picture to another picture without
re-making it.  How would i import an image?

Post a reply to this message

From: Johannes Hubert
Subject: Re: Object...
Date: 28 Mar 1999 08:32:13
Message: <36fe2f5d.0@news.povray.org>
Hi "Crazyfish"!

Please don't take this wrong, but I guess someone just had to say it:

Please go and have a good look at Moray's and POV-Ray's tutorials and
documentations. They are really good and informative and will help you a lot
with your first steps. Also the POV-Ray VFAQ would be a good thing to browse
through:
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html

I write this, because from your previous post you strike me as a beginner
with POV-Ray and Moray. Now there is *nothing* wrong with beginners and we
all like to help out (since we all have been beginners once ourselves), but
it gets a bit annoying to read posts like:

"How do I make fire?" from someone who hasn't obviously even grasped the
basics of Moray/POV-Ray, and, when he get's the only correct answer "Use
Media!" he simply impishly posts back "I have never used media" (In other
words: Tell me something more easy.)
Maybe you should "stay away from the fire" until you have a better picture
of the workings of Moray/POV-Ray? Why make it hard on yourself and start
with the complicate stuff, if you haven't even understood the easy stuff?
(Hint: Creating a half sphere is really one of the easiest things, if you
can't do that...)

Greetings and happy rendering,
Johannes.

P.S. Please understand that I wrote this only with the best intent and as
friendly as I could. Hell, I never even wrote RTFM a single time ;-)

Post a reply to this message

One too many "helper" replies? Johannes ;}
Hey, you did put RTFM in that message anyway! Good for you. Though you
just couldn't resist a hint in there, albeit not much of one(?). LOL
Btw, yes, you can count on most of us not taking that wrong, right
people? Think I heard them say "Yeah!"
I'm going to go help (or hinder, depends on how you look at it) others
now. Just wanted to be sure you knew there was support for the "Use the
Help and/or Doc" concept from me.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe

> One too many "helper" replies? Johannes ;}
> Hey, you did put RTFM in that message anyway! Good for you. Though you
> just couldn't resist a hint in there, albeit not much of one(?). LOL
> Btw, yes, you can count on most of us not taking that wrong, right
> people? Think I heard them say "Yeah!"
> I'm going to go help (or hinder, depends on how you look at it) others
> now. Just wanted to be sure you knew there was support for the "Use the
> Help and/or Doc" concept from me.

But I only go to a Doc when I'm really sick and it is so much easier...

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net