POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Object... : Re: Object... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object...
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 28 Mar 1999 08:32:13
Message: <36fe2f5d.0@news.povray.org>
Hi "Crazyfish"!

Please don't take this wrong, but I guess someone just had to say it:

Please go and have a good look at Moray's and POV-Ray's tutorials and
documentations. They are really good and informative and will help you a lot
with your first steps. Also the POV-Ray VFAQ would be a good thing to browse
through:
http://iki.fi/warp/povVFAQ.html

I write this, because from your previous post you strike me as a beginner
with POV-Ray and Moray. Now there is *nothing* wrong with beginners and we
all like to help out (since we all have been beginners once ourselves), but
it gets a bit annoying to read posts like:

"How do I make fire?" from someone who hasn't obviously even grasped the
basics of Moray/POV-Ray, and, when he get's the only correct answer "Use
Media!" he simply impishly posts back "I have never used media" (In other
words: Tell me something more easy.)
Maybe you should "stay away from the fire" until you have a better picture
of the workings of Moray/POV-Ray? Why make it hard on yourself and start
with the complicate stuff, if you haven't even understood the easy stuff?
(Hint: Creating a half sphere is really one of the easiest things, if you
can't do that...)

Greetings and happy rendering,
Johannes.

P.S. Please understand that I wrote this only with the best intent and as
friendly as I could. Hell, I never even wrote RTFM a single time ;-)