POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Random numbers in duplication dialogue? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Random numbers in duplication dialogue? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Random numbers in duplication dialogue?
Date: 8 Feb 1999 20:15:02
Message: <36BF8BB9.BE81489E@mninter.net>
I know I am a few months late in suggesting this, but it would be nice
to have in the next version- How about optional random values in the
Duplication dialogue? Like, each duplicated object will move between
1.0-1.5 units, or something like that.You would be able to specify the
range, etc. This would make it much easier for duplication, and make it
look a lot less rigid, and mathmatically defined.

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message

> I know I am a few months late in suggesting this, but it would be nice
> to have in the next version- How about optional random values in the
> Duplication dialogue? Like, each duplicated object will move between
> 1.0-1.5 units, or something like that.You would be able to specify the
> range, etc. This would make it much easier for duplication, and make it
> look a lot less rigid, and mathmatically defined.

I second this motion!

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message

Perhaps it could be done as a plugin.<hint to any developers out there who
did a thesis paper on random numbers and who just loves writting plugins for
moray>