POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Cylindar Lights? Plugin, perhaps? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Cylindar Lights? Plugin, perhaps? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Cylindar Lights? Plugin, perhaps?
Date: 24 Jan 1999 12:16:47
Message: <36AB5499.5B72A92@mninter.net>
I have always wanted to use a cylander light in moray, as well as any of
the other POV-Ray light types(looks_like, etc.) that are not supported
in Moray. Would there be any way of making this a feature of Moray?
Through plugins, or in the next version?

--
Gods don't save people. People save people.

Post a reply to this message

I've needed something similiar in the past.. I just scaled a point light on
one axis. That's pretty close to cylindrical.

Alex Magidow wrote in message <36A### [at] mninternet>...
>I have always wanted to use a cylander light in moray, as well
<snip>
>Gods don't save people. People save people.

Lue Ebra
lue### [at] dalnetsuxmuh-nutzorg
"Anger not a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good dipped in
chocolate."

Post a reply to this message

> I've needed something similiar in the past.. I just scaled a point light on
> one axis. That's pretty close to cylindrical.

That doesn't do anything. Point lights are just that- points. How do you scale
a point?

--
Brian: "You are all individuals"
Crowd: "We are all individuals"