POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : A Questoi and a possible Moray Bug.... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  A Questoi and a possible Moray Bug.... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Burnett
Subject: A Questoi and a possible Moray Bug....
Date: 24 Jan 1999 09:50:25
Message: <36AB31C2.81C34548@vargol.demon.co.uk>
I guess the possible bug is more important so on the link belows
is a Moray 3.1 scene that I started yesterday. Its the start of
a space scene, to be exact the start on a space craft designed
around a skeleton. On my system many of the spheres on the right
hand arms and legs of the scene (the skeletons left legs) fail to render
after the scene has been saved. They were made by cutting and pasteing
the opposite limb and then transforming the copy as necessary. Rendering
before saving appeared to work just fine but returning to the model
this morning revealed the problem. They are also missing if you export
the file and the scene crashes the polyray plugin.

the scene is at http://www.vargol.demon.co.uk/skeleton.mdl

Can someone "try this at home" and see if they have the same
problems, if a 18k download BTW.

Okay. The question....

The Spray Plugin, where can I get the none debug version,
I don't like windows at the best of times and I'm not going to
start using debug DLL's :)

P.S. are we allowed to post scenes directly to the newsgroup
in this sort of case....

--
Dave, on his linux box...
"Life," said Marvin, "Don't talk to ME about life!"

Post a reply to this message

Your file loaded into Moray V3.1 (on Win98) "here at home" without a
problem, but there appears to be a file "skull.udo" required before your
scene can be rendered. While I haven't seen quite the same problem you
mention, on occasion I will have a *.mdl file (previously saved without any
problems) lock up Moray completely during a reload. In fact, I have one such
file residing in my Moray mdl directory at this moment - as these *.mdl
files are all in binary, I'm not sure what I can try next.

...larry

David Burnett wrote in message <36AB31C2.81C34548@vargol.demon.co.uk>...
>I guess the possible bug is more important so on the link belows
>is a Moray 3.1 scene that I started yesterday. Its the start of
>a space scene, to be exact the start on a space craft designed
>around a skeleton. On my system many of the spheres on the right
>hand arms and legs of the scene (the skeletons left legs) fail to render
>after the scene has been saved. They were made by cutting and pasteing
>the opposite limb and then transforming the copy as necessary. Rendering
>before saving appeared to work just fine but returning to the model
>this morning revealed the problem. They are also missing if you export
>the file and the scene crashes the polyray plugin.
>
>the scene is at http://www.vargol.demon.co.uk/skeleton.mdl
>
>Can someone "try this at home" and see if they have the same
>problems, if a 18k download BTW.
>
>Okay. The question....
>
>The Spray Plugin, where can I get the none debug version,
>I don't like windows at the best of times and I'm not going to
>start using debug DLL's :)
>
>P.S. are we allowed to post scenes directly to the newsgroup
>in this sort of case....
>
>--
>Dave, on his linux box...
>"Life," said Marvin, "Don't talk to ME about life!"

Post a reply to this message

> Your file loaded into Moray V3.1 (on Win98) "here at home" without a
> problem, but there appears to be a file "skull.udo" required before your
> scene can be rendered. While I haven't seen quite the same problem you

Doh!! the UDO (and the inc) are now on the web site

http://www.vargol.demon.co.uk/skull.udo
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""/skull.inc

the original imagine iob is there too as skull2.iob

--
Dave, on his linux box...

Post a reply to this message

>The Spray Plugin, where can I get the none debug version,
>I don't like windows at the best of times and I'm not going to
>start using debug DLL's :)

See my Announce message ;-)

Keith

Post a reply to this message

Hi LABourdillon, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> mention, on occasion I will have a *.mdl file (previously saved without any
> problems) lock up Moray completely during a reload. In fact, I have one such
> file residing in my Moray mdl directory at this moment - as these *.mdl
> files are all in binary, I'm not sure what I can try next.
Whenever this happens, you should definitely let me know and should
send me the MDL file. It is very BAD that a MDL file becomes unusable
and I want to avoid this at all costs.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray