POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Grid Pattern? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Grid Pattern? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rocco Pochy
Subject: Grid Pattern?
Date: 2 Jan 1999 17:19:44
Message: <368E9B5C.F97A05D3@ix.netcom.com>
Is there an easy way to create a Grid Texture? Brick
looks nice but inappropriate for square tiles (defining
tile size and gap)...

TIA...

From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Re: Grid Pattern?
Date: 2 Jan 1999 17:35:05
Message: <368E9E15.BF648313@mninter.net>
I would suggest a gradient. Make it a very limited strand of color in a
colormap, and then make the color map gradient run in a couple of
directions.

Rocco Pochy wrote:

> Is there an easy way to create a Grid Texture? Brick
> looks nice but inappropriate for square tiles (defining
> tile size and gap)...
>
> TIA...

Gods don't save people. People save people.

Post a reply to this message

> I would suggest a gradient. Make it a very limited strand of color in a
> colormap, and then make the color map gradient run in a couple of
> directions.

I did this in my blackhole pic.. looks quite
good!http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet/hole.jpg

> Rocco Pochy wrote:
>
> > Is there an easy way to create a Grid Texture? Brick
> > looks nice but inappropriate for square tiles (defining
> > tile size and gap)...
> >
> > TIA...

> --
> Gods don't save people. People save people.

Post a reply to this message

Great picture- really looks like those cool CGs from that PBS series "Stephen
Hawkin's Universe". Though I didn't know whether the blackhole made gravity
beyond its event horizon. But, hey, that defys logic, but blackholes do
anyway.

Simon de Vet wrote:

> Alex Magidow wrote:
>
> > I would suggest a gradient. Make it a very limited strand of color in a
> > colormap, and then make the color map gradient run in a couple of
> > directions.
>
> I did this in my blackhole pic.. looks quite
> good!http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet/hole.jpg
>
> > Rocco Pochy wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an easy way to create a Grid Texture? Brick
> > > looks nice but inappropriate for square tiles (defining
> > > tile size and gap)...
> > >
> > > TIA...

> > --
> > Gods don't save people. People save people.

--
Gods don't save people. People save people.

Post a reply to this message

I got the gradient running in one direction, how do you
"layer" it so it runs in different directions? When I
select x & y I get a concentric square pattern instead
of a grid...

Thanks...