POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Why won't it work?!? grrr... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Why won't it work?!? grrr... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Kyle
Subject: Why won't it work?!? grrr...
Date: 23 Dec 1998 17:54:47
Message: <36817463.E0EC4D9F@geocities.com>
Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
someone try it out?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'skyscraper6.mdl.dat' (10 KB)

> Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
> is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
> work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
> try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
> giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
> downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
> the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
> someone try it out?

<SNIP>
Your point light is inside of a sphere and is unable to react with the Lens Flare.
Move the point
light just to in front of the sphere and turn down the intensity of the light. This
should fix the
problem.

Post a reply to this message

> > Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
> > is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
> > work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
> > try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
> > giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
> > downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
> > the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
> > someone try it out?
> >

> <SNIP>
> Your point light is inside of a sphere and is unable to react with the Lens Flare.
Move the point
> light just to in front of the sphere and turn down the intensity of the light. This
should fix the
> problem.

ahhaaa, I thought that might be the problem.  Thanks alot.
      Kyle

Post a reply to this message

> > Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
> > is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
> > work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
> > try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
> > giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
> > downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
> > the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
> > someone try it out?
> >

> <SNIP>
> Your point light is inside of a sphere and is unable to react with the Lens Flare.
Move the point
> light just to in front of the sphere and turn down the intensity of the light. This
should fix the
> problem.

Never Mind.  I moved the light outside the sphere and it's still giving me error
messages.  I even
completely removed the sphere and I still get the same errors.  It says Access
violation in
User32.dll,   Access violation in something else, and access violation in cmax101.dll.
 It goes away
when the camera faces away from the light source though (but no lens flare obviously).
 I'm stumped

Post a reply to this message

Humm... not sure what's happening at your end - your scene (totally
untouched) renders fine on my system.  I'm using Win95, POVRay 3.1a and
Moray 3.1 build 4196.

Are you sure all trace of your old Moray 3.1 build 4180 has been removed?
Did you, for example, just install build 4196 over the top of 4180, or did
you (like me) uninstall 4180 completely, *then* install the new 4196?

Anyway, I'm afraid I can't really help any more, as I don't get the problem
:P

Good luck,

Matt

Kyle wrote in message <36817463.E0EC4D9F@geocities.com>...
>Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
>is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
>work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
>try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
>giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
>downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
>the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
>someone try it out?

Post a reply to this message

> Humm... not sure what's happening at your end - your scene (totally
> untouched) renders fine on my system.  I'm using Win95, POVRay 3.1a and
> Moray 3.1 build 4196.
>
> Are you sure all trace of your old Moray 3.1 build 4180 has been removed?
> Did you, for example, just install build 4196 over the top of 4180, or did
> you (like me) uninstall 4180 completely, *then* install the new 4196?
>
> Anyway, I'm afraid I can't really help any more, as I don't get the problem
> :P
>
> Good luck,
>
> Matt
>
> Kyle wrote in message <36817463.E0EC4D9F@geocities.com>...
> >Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
> >is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
> >work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
> >try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
> >giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
> >downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
> >the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
> >someone try it out?

I completely uninstalled the old Moray and installed the new one.  I'm also
using Povray 3.1a.
I'm getting error messages in the povray editor that say error in ole32.dll,
another that says error in user32.dll and another that says error in
cmax101.dll.  I'm wondering if that cmax dll could be causing it.  I don't know
what it is or where it's from.  Any ideas.  Lutz I need help.
            Kyle

Post a reply to this message

> I'm getting error messages in the povray editor that say error in ole32.dll,
Without Moray running? It sounds like your system may be unstable.

I have no idea what could be wrong.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray