POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Why won't it work?!? grrr... : Still doesn't work ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Still doesn't work ?
From: Kyle
Date: 23 Dec 1998 18:34:21
Message: <36817DAC.55591BAD@geocities.com>
Daniel Hargreaves wrote:

> Kyle wrote:
>
> > Either there is something seriously wrong with my installation, or there
> > is a problem with my brain.  I can not get this lens flare thing to
> > work.  I've attached the moray File I'm trying to render.  Could someone
> > try it out and see if they can get the lens flare to work.  PovRay keeps
> > giving me errors and freezing up.  I have PovRay v.3.1a.  And I have
> > downloaded the newest moray version (the one that was supposed to fix
> > the lens flare)  I just did a clean install and it won't work.  Could
> > someone try it out?
> >

> <SNIP>
> Your point light is inside of a sphere and is unable to react with the Lens Flare.
Move the point
> light just to in front of the sphere and turn down the intensity of the light. This
should fix the
> problem.

Never Mind.  I moved the light outside the sphere and it's still giving me error
messages.  I even
completely removed the sphere and I still get the same errors.  It says Access
violation in
User32.dll,   Access violation in something else, and access violation in cmax101.dll.
 It goes away
when the camera faces away from the light source though (but no lens flare obviously).
 I'm stumped