POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray XYZ buttons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Moray XYZ buttons (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Brian E Clough
Subject: Moray XYZ buttons
Date: 19 Sep 1998 21:57:10
Message: <360452FA.664C@tiac.net>
Whenever I run Moray, the XYZ buttons in the status bar, at the bottom
of the screen, tend to disappear when I clion one of them (click on one,
they all disappear).  The E and V windows disappear at the same time.

What can I do to prevent this?
--
Brian E Clough

"An object at rest Cannot be stopped!!!"
  -- The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs At Midnight)

Post a reply to this message

I have this happen as well..  It usually comes back if I minimize it, then
restore it..  You can also still click on the buttons, if you can remember
exactly where they are, with the same effect as though you COULD see them,
though..

Brian E Clough wrote:

> Whenever I run Moray, the XYZ buttons in the status bar, at the bottom
> of the screen, tend to disappear when I clion one of them (click on one,
> they all disappear).  The E and V windows disappear at the same time.
>
> What can I do to prevent this?
> --
> Brian E Clough
>
> "An object at rest Cannot be stopped!!!"
>   -- The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs At Midnight)

Post a reply to this message

>> Whenever I run Moray, the XYZ buttons in the status bar, at the bottom
>> of the screen, tend to disappear when I clion one of them (click on one,
>> they all disappear).  The E and V windows disappear at the same time.

I had the same problem. Unfortunately Lutz could not reproduce this to debug
it. The problem happened when I had Win 95. When I upgraded to Win 98 the
problem was gone.

Hope this helps, Glen

Post a reply to this message

> >> Whenever I run Moray, the XYZ buttons in the status bar, at the bottom
> >> of the screen, tend to disappear when I clion one of them (click on one,
> >> they all disappear).  The E and V windows disappear at the same time.
>
> I had the same problem. Unfortunately Lutz could not reproduce this to debug
> it. The problem happened when I had Win 95. When I upgraded to Win 98 the
> problem was gone.
>
> Hope this helps, Glen

Unfortunately, I don't intend to upgrade to Win98 anytime soon.  I'm
going to put OSR 2.1 on my new system, I'll see if that helps.
--
Brian E Clough

Post a reply to this message

I'm running Win98 and it still happens. I actually posted about this issue
previously and Lutz acknowledged it as a bug.

Glen Adomovicz wrote in message <360e69c0.0@news.povray.org>...

>>Brian E Clough wrote:
>
>>> Whenever I run Moray, the XYZ buttons in the status bar, at the bottom
>>> of the screen, tend to disappear when I clion one of them (click on one,
>>> they all disappear).  The E and V windows disappear at the same time.
>

>I had the same problem. Unfortunately Lutz could not reproduce this to
debug
>it. The problem happened when I had Win 95. When I upgraded to Win 98 the
>problem was gone.
>
>Hope this helps, Glen

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:50:04 -0400, "Eddie D. Ferrier"
<edd### [at] passportca> wrote:

>I'm running Win98 and it still happens. I actually posted about this issue
>previously and Lutz acknowledged it as a bug.

Yes..aeh.. but why the _Reload Comms DLL_  in the TOOLS  Menu.
My XYZ buttons are disappearing approx. every 5 minutes on WIN95 OSR2
and NT4. Then _Reload Comms DLL_ brings them all back.
Of course each time it happens I take a bite off my wooden
desktop plate..........not again....grrr..

>>I had the same problem. Unfortunately Lutz could not reproduce this to
>debug
>>it. The problem happened when I had Win 95. When I upgraded to Win 98 the
>>problem was gone.
>>
>>Hope this helps, Glen

Post a reply to this message

Hi Bernd Klenk, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Yes..aeh.. but why the _Reload Comms DLL_  in the TOOLS  Menu.
> My XYZ buttons are disappearing approx. every 5 minutes on WIN95 OSR2
> and NT4. Then _Reload Comms DLL_ brings them all back.
I think that all menu items should bring the buttons back, because the
menu overwrites the status bar and once you close the menu the status
bar is redrawn.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray