POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Disappearing UDOs!!!!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Disappearing UDOs!!!!!!! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Disappearing UDOs!!!!!!!
Date: 19 Sep 1998 18:48:11
Message: <36042729.E662182@mninter.net>
I am trying to make a scene that involves about 6 different UDOs.
Whenever I try to copy one, it causes a new, udo, of different texture,
to appear. For example, I had a spaceship, with a flat, grey texture,
that had a cockpit, with a shiny, black texture. When I duplicated this
shape(both the spaceship, and the cockpit were UDOs.), the picture, when
rendered with POV, had, not a spaceship with cockpit, but two
spaceships, one with a flat grey texture, as it should have, and another
with a shiny, black cockpit texture. The second, un-warranted ship was
the exact same size as the normal ship, which had been scaled after
being created.

I made the UDOs by generating shapes in STOMP, exporting them to VRML
format, then, using Crossroads, converted them to .3ds. I then converted
the .3ds to the 'POVRAY 3 UDO/INC' option, in the 3dWin that came with
Moray.
The new, inexplicable shapes do not appear in Moray, only in the POV-Ray
rendering of the scene. What is causing this malfunction? I am using
Moray 3.01 as well as POV-Ray 3.02. All of the udo/inc files are in
C:\Program File\Moray For Windows\. There are no duplicate file names,
and the closest to one is the similarity of the scene file
name('Newship2.mdl/newship2.pov/newship2.inc) and the name of the
spaceship udo("newship.udo, newship.inc)

--
"Intensification of food production to feed an increased
population only results in a further increase of population."

"It may be that my progeny[humans] will
teem over the earth like locusts,
stripping it bare,until they drown
in their own filth and hate the very
sight of one another and go
mad. Still they must go on,
because to grow without limit is
good and to accept the limits of the
law is evil." Ch.9-6 Ishmael, By Daniel Quinn.

Post a reply to this message

I tried to completely recreate the scene, based on the premise that the
problem was that I duplicated a UDO object.So, I recreated the scene,
creating the UDOs using the create object dialogue. However, I keep getting
the weird error, where Moray appears to exports the UDOs to POV-Ray
incorrectly, resulting in an object that is textured like a cockpit, in the
position of a cockpit, with the shape, and .inc file of a spaceship. Why
does this happen? Lutz- Is it a bug?