POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: Becomes the program un-usable after 30 days??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Becomes the program un-usable after 30 days??? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Razzbar
Subject: Re: Becomes the program un-usable after 30 days???
Date: 27 Mar 1998 20:34:34
Message: <01bd5ab2$f0054e40$4fe982d0@razzbar>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in article
<34f### [at] newsstmuccom>...

> Try asking BMW whether they will let you drive their car for free now,
> because later you will definitely buy one<g>.

C'mon Lutz, do you think anybody actually OWNS a BMW? :)

Indeed, one of the great glowing promises of Java was that it
would allow people to use software on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Not that I think that's very feasable, but that's how people pay
for cars, and maybe there's an idea for some entrepreneur to
work out -- a system of paying for shareware on an installment
plan.

Some of us who work as programmers make a lot of money and
forget that others, even in the great rich USA, barely make enough
to pay rent and eat. $90 at one time just isn't there. It's not like
skipping movies for a couple of months. Yet that price works out
to less than two dollars a day, and never mind that it's the same
amount in the long run, a couple dollars a day is a lot easier for
some people to make than $90 all at once.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stefan Blandow
Date: 28 Mar 1998 04:00:07
Message: <351cba99.10648820@203.103.185.50>
On 28 Mar 1998 01:34:34 GMT, "Razzbar" <x@y.z> wrote:

>Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in article
><34f### [at] newsstmuccom>...

snipped, 'cause some a''le is complaining I'd have more cited than
originated text, my provider, pov server, who knows- actually, who
knows about that arrrgghh, so annoying complain, and how to stop it?

>Some of us who work as programmers make a lot of money and
>forget that others, even in the great rich USA, barely make enough
>to pay rent and eat. $90 at one time just isn't there. It's not like
>skipping movies for a couple of months. Yet that price works out
>to less than two dollars a day, and never mind that it's the same
>amount in the long run, a couple dollars a day is a lot easier for
>some people to make than $90 all at once.

Let me tell you my personal feelings there:
IF someone is that poor, and there is a lot of poverty in the socalled
civilized world nowadays, and he really needs modelling and
raytracing SO BAD ( and that's much better than making babies
like in India, how it might distract from misery) and he really saves
every couple of days a buck, and he's modelling like mad, worlds are
created that weren't before, and inmidst of his lucky creatures one
sunny the hundredandtwenthieth day that his creation took so far
he springs off to the post office, puts his cash on the counter and
with a  smiling face sends his money order to Softronics, Munich -
hm - does anyone really think, the world would crumble and fold
for the honest people of the world?
I don't think so.
Any other case - blow it, out of question.

steff

Post a reply to this message

From: Erik
Date: 13 Aug 1998 22:38:31
Message: <35D39535.D675FAEC@3-cities.com>
This thread is too long.  :P
Instead, let's talk about CSG's and duplications and the like.  :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Erik
Date: 13 Aug 1998 22:39:55
Message: <35D39588.808FA63B@3-cities.com>
Oops, didn't see the date on the last post.
Yet even more proof that I am thoroughly braindead.