POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: Becomes the program un-usable after 30 days??? : Re: Becomes the program un-usable after 30 days??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Becomes the program un-usable after 30 days???
From: Razzbar
Date: 27 Mar 1998 20:34:34
Message: <01bd5ab2$f0054e40$4fe982d0@razzbar>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in article
<34f### [at] newsstmuccom>...

> Try asking BMW whether they will let you drive their car for free now,
> because later you will definitely buy one<g>.

C'mon Lutz, do you think anybody actually OWNS a BMW? :)

Indeed, one of the great glowing promises of Java was that it
would allow people to use software on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Not that I think that's very feasable, but that's how people pay
for cars, and maybe there's an idea for some entrepreneur to
work out -- a system of paying for shareware on an installment
plan.

Some of us who work as programmers make a lot of money and
forget that others, even in the great rich USA, barely make enough
to pay rent and eat. $90 at one time just isn't there. It's not like
skipping movies for a couple of months. Yet that price works out
to less than two dollars a day, and never mind that it's the same
amount in the long run, a couple dollars a day is a lot easier for
some people to make than $90 all at once.