POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Hiding objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Hiding objects? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Wayne Gordon
Subject: Hiding objects?
Date: 3 Apr 1998 23:27:14
Message: <3525B6A2.3E0E@mail.phoenix.net>
Hello,

   Well, I downloaded Moray for DOS long ago, liked it, but didn't
have the moolah to register. Sigh. Sent to recycle bin.
I'll be sending money soon, as I love the windows version, especially
the texture editor. Great job. My question is can you hide objects?
When building complex objects and wanting to work on just one
part, all the lines from other objects get in the way and it gets
very tough to see what is going on. My solutions thus far have been:

a) Translate the unwanted stuff out of view. Cumbersome.

b) Take the desired parts, save as seperate model, then re-merge
with original when complete. Worse.

Is there a better way?

Also, what is the best way to send payment? I don't have a checking
account, and I think it would be cumbersome for Softronics to
hafta convert greenbacks to marks. Is there such a thing as an
international money order?

Wayne Gordon
<way### [at] mailphoenixnet>

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 22:27:14 -0600, Wayne Gordon
<way### [at] mailphoenixnet> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>   Well, I downloaded Moray for DOS long ago, liked it, but didn't
>have the moolah to register. Sigh. Sent to recycle bin.
>I'll be sending money soon, as I love the windows version, especially
>the texture editor. Great job. My question is can you hide objects?
>When building complex objects and wanting to work on just one
>part, all the lines from other objects get in the way and it gets
>very tough to see what is going on. My solutions thus far have been:
>
>a) Translate the unwanted stuff out of view. Cumbersome.
>
>b) Take the desired parts, save as seperate model, then re-merge
>with original when complete. Worse.
>
>Is there a better way?

Of course. Haven't you downloaded the docs? Every object in Moray
has a visibility level assigned, which you can change in a write box
below the texture assign buttons etc being at the  'modify' card. If
you change it to above the value set for Moray generally, which you do
under view->configuration->moray, the object is hidden.

>Also, what is the best way to send payment? I don't have a checking
>account, and I think it would be cumbersome for Softronics to
>hafta convert greenbacks to marks. Is there such a thing as an
>international money order?

There is, but I think it's more expensive than certified mail, which
is covered by insurance and generally never gets lost.
What's wrong with greenbacks if its enough?<g>

>Wayne Gordon
><way### [at] mailphoenixnet>

steff

Post a reply to this message