POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Hiding objects? : Re: Hiding objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hiding objects?
From: Stefan Blandow
Date: 4 Apr 1998 01:26:53
Message: <3525d25e.4810073@203.103.185.50>
On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 22:27:14 -0600, Wayne Gordon
<way### [at] mailphoenixnet> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>   Well, I downloaded Moray for DOS long ago, liked it, but didn't
>have the moolah to register. Sigh. Sent to recycle bin.
>I'll be sending money soon, as I love the windows version, especially
>the texture editor. Great job. My question is can you hide objects?
>When building complex objects and wanting to work on just one
>part, all the lines from other objects get in the way and it gets
>very tough to see what is going on. My solutions thus far have been:
>
>a) Translate the unwanted stuff out of view. Cumbersome.
>
>b) Take the desired parts, save as seperate model, then re-merge
>with original when complete. Worse.
>
>Is there a better way?

Of course. Haven't you downloaded the docs? Every object in Moray
has a visibility level assigned, which you can change in a write box
below the texture assign buttons etc being at the  'modify' card. If
you change it to above the value set for Moray generally, which you do
under view->configuration->moray, the object is hidden.

>Also, what is the best way to send payment? I don't have a checking
>account, and I think it would be cumbersome for Softronics to
>hafta convert greenbacks to marks. Is there such a thing as an
>international money order?

There is, but I think it's more expensive than certified mail, which
is covered by insurance and generally never gets lost.
What's wrong with greenbacks if its enough?<g>

>Wayne Gordon
><way### [at] mailphoenixnet>

steff