POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Strange things happening with my csg. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Strange things happening with my csg. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steven Kroeger
Subject: Strange things happening with my csg.
Date: 31 Mar 1998 13:34:13
Message: <35213725.3B128AC2@interquest.de>
I've been trying to make a pretty simple indentation of a cross. I'm
taking 2 cubes, one scaled up on the z axis, one scaled up on the y axis
and combining (I've tried both Union and merge) the two. I am then using
the difference option subtracting that from a bigger object. The problem
is that when I render the whole thing  I get a strange cube or square
shape in the center of the cross that is darker than the rest of the
indentation. At first I thought that it might be a shadow but moving the
light around didn't help. I've double checked the scaling and placement
of all the object and haven't found any mistakes.

Anybody got any ideas as to whats going on?

Thanks Steve

Post a reply to this message